Dublin, June 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Investing in 5G – An Investment Guide and Marketing/Technical Report” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
This report is unique among 5G reports – it is specifically focused on the investor and/or the investor’s advisor.
The entire first section of the report (nearly half of the report) is devoted to investment issues. The following companies are featured with 5G business, financials and 5G positioning in the investment sections:
T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, US Cellular, Dish Network, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, BBK Electronics, OPPO, Vivo, Motorola/Lenovo, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Nokia, ZTE and Intel.
The technology/marketing sections detail the architecture at several levels to make the information usable by everyone, from the investor advisor to the highly qualified engineer. Forecasts are provided for capital expenditures, traffic growth deployment rates and several other items of interest.
These and other questions about the technical and marketing aspects of 5G services are answered in this report. Some of the questions about investing need to be answered in the context of investors’ particular circumstances, but this report will provide the data needed to make those decisions intelligently.
Additionally, all the technical/marketing insights normally expected (architecture, forecasts, deployment scenarios, etc.) are included in this massive report (nearly 100 figures and well over 130 pages).
Questions such as the following are answered:
- I don’t understand 5G; can you explain it to me?
- How is 5G different from what we have now? Why change?
- How to invest in 5G services?
- Which companies are affected?
- Do I want to invest in 5G?
- Are some companies better targets than others?
- How is 5G different?
- Why are carriers all pushing 5G so hard?
- Who will benefit from 5G?
Main topics covered:
- Investing in 5G – Investment Guide and Marketing/Technical Report
- 5G – IS IT AN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY?
- Situation of 5G today
- What’s going on?
1. What is 5G?
- Generations (G) of the mobile service
- 1st generation (1G)
- 2nd Generation (2G)
- 4th Generation (4G)
- Advanced LTE (4G LTE)
- 5th generation (5G)
- Nature of 5G
- 5G frequency plans
- Significance of frequency differences
- 5G millimeter wave
- 5G mid-band
- 5G low band
- Carrier Implementations
- T-Mobile implementation
- AT&T Implementation
- Verizon Implementation
- Rationale for 5G
2. Investment opportunities in 5G-based services
- Top Carriers – Investment Opportunities
- T-Mobile US 5G Deployment Status as of 1-2022
- Verizon 5G Deployment Status
- AT&T 5G Deployment Status
- Operator capital needs for 5G
- What investments are involved in infrastructure?
- Works and additions to the cell site
- network core
- Support systems
- How much capital will be needed for 5G?
- Recent past capital expenditures
- Current and Future Plans for 5G Capital Budgets
- The Market of Major 5G Operators for Investment – Comments
- Investment opportunities for small carriers
- US cell
- Dish Network
- Phone maker investment opportunities
- Key investment opportunities in individual phone makers
- Apple finance of interest
- BBK/OPPO/Vivo electronics
- Long live
- Operating systems
- Smartphone Modems
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon
- Qualcomm Finances
- Apple iPhone Modem
- Huawei Balong 5G01
- 5G Phone Manufacturer Market for Investment – Comments
- 5G Network Equipment Manufacturers – Investment Opportunities
- Chipset Suppliers
- Investments in 5G Network Equipment Manufacturers – Comments
3. Architecture of 5G
- Basic Architecture
- 5G infrastructure components
- Antenna and towers
- Small cell antennae
- MIMO and 5G
- Massive MIMO spectrum multiplication benefit
- 5G Radios
- Fiber and backhaul
- Verizon Fiber Plan for 5G
- 5G network cooperation
- Location types of 5G
4. What are the characteristics of 5G services?
- Higher capacity
- Higher data rate
- Lower latency
- Massive device connectivity
- Reduced costs
- Provisioning a consistent quality of experience
- Development needs
- Inner penetration of mmWave
- Infrastructure deployment aid
- Support systems
5. 5G forecast
- Forecast deployment scenario
- 2022 and later
- Capital forecasts for 5G
- Individual area forecasts
- Mobile traffic forecasts
- US mobile operator forecasts
- 5G penetration forecast – United States
- Smartphone Growth Forecast for 5G – United States
- 5G phone introduction plans
- US 5G Penetration Forecast – Phones
- Top 5G Use Cases – Penetration Forecast
- IoT – Internet of Things – 5G Penetration Forecast
- Autonomous Vehicles 0 5G Penetration Forecast
- Predict the network impact of autonomous vehicles and IoT
- Overproduction forecast
- Forecast Summary
- US mobile operators:
- Telephone (s:
- 5G penetration:
- Autonomous vehicles:
Appendix I – History of Cell Phone Generations in the United States
- History of Cell Phones in the United States
- What are the generations?
- 1st generation
- 1G standards
- 2nd generation
- 2G standards
- 3rd generation
- High Speed Downlink Packet Access –
- 3GPP Long Term Evolution, the precursor to LTE Advanced
- Advanced HSPA
- 3G standards
- 4th generation
- Advanced LTE
- 4G standards
- 5th generation
- 5G standards
Annex II. Top 5G Use Cases: IoT, Autonomous Vehicles, Overbuilding
- IoT – The Internet of Things
- Availability of a network for connection – a major problem with IoT
- Cellular IoT Connections Explained: NB-IoT vs. LTE-M vs. 5G and More
- How was the cellular IoT born?
- Cellular IoT is intended to meet the demands of low-power and long-range applications.
- EC-GSM (formerly EC-EGPRS)
- 5G as an IoT connection solution
- How does 5G enable IoT?
- Autonomous vehicles
- Benefits of autonomous vehicles
- Current Autonomy Versions
- Problems with autonomous development
- business case
- Availability of a network for interconnection
- Overbuild – 5G as a major competitive tool
- Cross-border service
- Competitive implications
Appendix III – List of US Cellular Carriers
- Contiguous United States and Hawaii]
Appendix IV – Relationship between traffic statistics
Appendix V Fundamentals of data traffic
- Internet traffic calculations
- Bits and Bytes
- Transfer rate
- Peak hour traffic
- Protocol efficiency
- Statistical multiplexing
Appendix VI The Lightwave Network
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hnumbh