Last update: September 22, 2022, 3:38 p.m. HST
Pushing its e-governance policy, the Ministry of External Affairs has introduced the Passport Seva portal to facilitate the application, modification and renewal of its passport.
A passport is an essential document that is required when a person travels to another country for various purposes including tourism, education or for medical purposes. There is a significant growth in the demand for passports seen in the country as globalization further reaches out, alongside an expanding economy.
Initiated in May 2010, the Seva Passport Project, under the aegis of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has multiplied its services by distributing this essential document to as many citizens of the country as possible, and that too, with the least hassle. If you are planning to apply for a passport, the Passport Seva portal is the platform you need to interact with.
Below are the steps you need to follow to successfully apply for a passport on the portal:
- Visit the official website to access the passport portal: www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Once on the website, you need to register through the Passport Seva online portal.
- A login ID and password will be provided to you. Use the credentials to log in to the portal.
- Now click on the link that says “Apply for a new passport/passport reissue”.
- A new web page will appear. Here, enter the necessary details in the digital form and click submit.
- On the “View saved/submitted requests” screen that appears, click on “Pay and schedule an appointment” to reserve a time slot for an appointment. You can use a variety of payment methods including credit/debit card, SBI Bank Challan and internet banking.
- Once payment has been made, print out the Application Receipt, which contains the Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number/Appointment Number.
- Go to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) at the appointment time with your original document.
Read all Latest Lifestyle News and recent news here