HICKORY, NC — Everything you need to know for home games at the renovated Moretz Stadium is included here. We are delighted to welcome you to Moretz Stadium for Lenoir-Rhyne Football in 2022 and are working hard to make your match experience the best in all of Division II. With that in mind, here are the policies and procedures to help make the fun of LR Football as smooth as possible.
Football fan guide
Ticketing, parking, tailgating, alcohol, merchandising and promotions regulations at Moretz Stadium for Lenoir-Rhyne University home football games are designed to be the most convenient and functional for crowds of capacity that have become the trademark of Bear Football to ensure a safe and enjoyable gaming experience for all.
*No refunds or exchanges.
TABLE OF SEATS
DIGITAL TICKETS – Digital tickets are now available for paid LRU events.
BEFORE MATCH DAY – Fans can purchase tickets at lrbears.com/tickets – tickets will be $20 for general admission, $10 for children 12 and under.
GAME DAY PURCHASES – Ticket offices are located at both entrances. All available tickets can be purchased from three hours before kick-off.
- East side entrance accepts cash and credit card payments
- The west side entrance only accepts credit card payments
WILL CALL AND PLAYER GUEST TICKETS – Can be collected from three hours before kick-off at the eastern ticket office. ID is required.
LRU STUDENTS – Your ID is your ticket. Valid for seats in the general student section.
BABY IN ARMS – Children aged two and under do not need a ticket and must sit on the lap of the accompanying adult.
DOORS – Open two hours before kick-off. The Moretz stadium has a re-entry policyif a fan chooses to leave the stadium after scanning, they will need to be given a stamp before leaving.
Fans are encouraged to bring only necessary items to Moretz Stadium on match day.
- Single seat chair backs
- Small cameras and radios
- Covers and rain gear
- Strollers (must not occupy an extra seat)
- Bags larger than a handbag / satchels
- Any type of container, including coolers, bottles, drums
- Food or drinks outside
- Pets (excludes ADA service animals)
- Artificial noisemakers
- Promotional items, unless distributed by LRU Athletics or approved partners
- Illegal Drugs including Medical Marijuana/Alcohol
CONDUCT OF FANS/PATRONS
The NCAA, SAC and LR support fair play and will not tolerate abusive actions, language or gestures by fans, players, coaches or officials. Extreme or continuous acts of unsportsmanlike behavior are grounds for disqualification from the competition. Inappropriate language or actions directed at LR Athletics staff, ushers or public safety officers will not be tolerated and may be grounds for immediate expulsion from Moretz Stadium and/or LRU property.
The following behavior is prohibited:
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior.
- Abusive, coarse or disruptive language and obscene gestures
- Verbal or physical harassment of supporters of the opposing team, including the use of names, numbers or personal information
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment from alcohol or other substance use
- Fighting, taunting or threatening words or gestures
- Throwing objects of all kinds
- Sitting in a location other than the fan seat
- Displays of affection are not appropriate in a public place
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Any disruption to the running of the event by fan actions
- Failing to follow instructions from stadium staff
- Obscene offensive language or gestures, including use of such language or gestures regarding race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, l a person’s gender identity/expression or national origin; or to incite, incite, or encourage a confrontation or physical assault.
- Any behavior that otherwise interferes with the enjoyment of other fans of the game
GENERAL PARKING – Stadium field, softball field, suburban field (near UCHS), baseball field
RESERVED PARKING – McCrorie Practice Field, opens 5 hours before kick-off.
PROHIBITED – Overnight parking is prohibited in any LRU parking lot or lot. Cargo trucks, flatbed trailers, any type of trailer, fifth wheels, limousines, food trucks, boats, boat trailers and U-hauls are prohibited and must leave the parking areas. parking. All-terrain vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), Segways, and unauthorized golf carts are also prohibited. Vehicles must fit in a designated parking spot. Motorhomes are permitted in some lots with prior approval from LRU Security. LRU reserves the right to remove any unauthorized vehicle from the premises. Contact Norris Yoder – 828-328-7450 or [email protected]
DESIGNATED AREAS – Tailgating is permitted on all grounds around campus.
TIME – Tailgating is permitted from five hours before kick-off (when the pitches are open) and for one hour after the match.
WASTE – Cans and dumpsters are provided, please clean up after yourself and help keep our campus beautiful.
TENTS – Fans can use tents 10′ x 10′ or smaller and must be placed behind your vehicle. You cannot occupy more than one parking space.
GRIDS – Grills must always be supervised. Ground fires and fireplaces are prohibited.
SOUND SYSTEMS – No person may operate or permit anyone to operate any electronically amplified sound system or musical instrument which produces sound clearly audible fifty feet away in a designated tailgate parking lot during the three hour period before, during or one hour after an LRU football match. LRU Athletics is licensed and may choose to provide or sponsor entertainment that uses electronically amplified sound during the tailgating period.
ALCOHOL – Is not allowed in any tailgate area between the opening kick-off and the end of the game. The following rules apply to the consumption of alcohol in the tailgate areas during acceptable pre- and post-game hours:
- Only beer and wine
- No kegs or mass purchase of alcohol.
- No glass containers. All drinks must be in aluminum cans, plastic bottles, paper or plastic cups.
- No alcohol outside the tailgate area. Transporting containers or wrappers of alcohol on campus, unless they are in a cooler or sealed wrapper, will result in an open liquor citation and on-campus drinking.
- No underage drinking. The LRU Department of Public Safety encourages hookers to bring identification as they will be doing random checks on people who appear to be under the legal drinking age.
*Fortified wine and spirits are prohibited on public property or private property open to the public pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 18b-301(f)(4) If it is illegal to possess and consume wine fortified and spirits unless the establishment has a permit authorizing consumption on the premises.
It is illegal to possess, buy, sell, or give to anyone under the age of 21 under North Carolina General Statute 18B-302.
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES INSIDE MORETZ STADIUM
ALCOHOL – Is prohibited in the Moretz stadium except for the interior suites.
SMOKING – Including the possession and use of electronic cigarettes, is prohibited inside the Moretz stadium.
VIDEO CARD AND PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT SYSTEMS – Videos or special messages will not be broadcast except in an emergency.
MARKETING / PROMOTIONS / SOLICITATION
LRU has a non-solicitation policy and reserves all marketing and promotional rights at its events, including:
- Promotional vehicles and signs.
- Media rights (video, streaming, social and audio).
- Any signage or promotional activity placed or conducted in or around the stadium/arena/grounds or parking areas used for sporting events on match day, without the express written consent of LRU Athletics is prohibited and is grounds for removal. immediately at the owner’s or group’s expense. .
- Promoting any business, place, business, product, service, organization not authorized by LRU Athletics.
- In accordance with the LRU Grounds and Facilities Use Policy, no solicitation is permitted during match day tailgating (pre-match, during the match or post-match). The offering or distribution of any article or flyer is not permitted without the written consent of LRU Athletics.
- Alcohol advertisements are not permitted on LRU property or any sports venue at any time. This type of advertising includes banners, flyers, signs and vehicles, except in conjunction with a university alcohol education initiative (approved by LRU Athletics).
- Only sponsors/partners of LRU Athletics can be granted the right to be present on its sites.
LRU Athletics and Public Safety prohibits unmanned aircraft systems (UAS)/drones on all LRU property, including Moretz Stadium and tailgating areas around the stadium on football game days without prior approval. Persons requesting permission to use a UAS/drone should contact LRU Athletics at least three weeks in advance. Authorization to operate a UAS/drone must follow the approved email for additional information justin hay ([email protected]).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
CONCESSIONS AND TOILETS – Are available in the stadium.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES AND LOST PERSONS – Please notify the nearest police officer or bailiff.
LOST AND FOUND – Is located at the Security Post in the South End area.
MERCHANDISE – Official LRU Athletics merchandise can be found in the West Hall of Moretz Stadium.
RADIO COVERAGE / Audio Stream – Every football match can be streamed online through the Bear Sports Network presented by MBA Roofing here.