Genshin Impact update 2.7 is now live and features a new Archon quest called Perilous Trail, which is released in segments.
The update also introduces new 5-star Hydro Bow user Yelan, a native of Liyue and keeper of the country’s best secrets. She’s a great combo of badass and sexy according to the fan base. There’s a lot of content to wade through with this update, and this guide will tell you more about them, from Perilous Trail solutions to Yelan’s best builds and kits.
Disclaimer: Update 2.7 is still rolling out, so this guide will be periodically updated. Additionally, the Perilous Trail quest will run from May 31 to June 20.
Genshin Impact Perilous Trail Walkthrough
To unlock this quest, you must fulfill the following conditions and meet these criteria:
- Adventure Rank 28
- Archon Quest Chapter 1: Act 3 – A New Star Approaches
- World Quest – Why Did the Spirit Stone Come Down (i.e. the whole chasm questline; all six!)
The questline for this part is pretty simple: just head to the marked location in The Chasm and you’ll start talking to all the characters involved, from Yanfei to Arataki Itto.
Eventually, you’ll head to the Twistd Crane Chamber Estate. Here you’ll fight Slimes and Hilichurls (big ones too) to unlock the switches. Activating the switches will cause the landscape connected to it to rotate. See you at 26:22 on the video above for the solution.
Here you will be talking to the same group of people. This time you will head to a new area where you will have to solve a puzzle.
There are four different symbols pointing to a connecting room. When you enter the corresponding room of the symbol, you must search for this symbol and activate it by stepping on it. If you step on the wrong symbol, you take damage.
After activating 4 of the symbols in the room, you have to fight a group of enemies. After killing them, you then need to DIY two laser pointing devices so that they hit the symbols at the top. See 7:19 on the video above for the full solution.
Once that’s done for all four rooms, you then head to another room with a giant hole in the middle. Go there to continue the story.
Part 3 (coming soon)
Perilous Trail Event Shop
During the quest and in the Realms of Guile and War special challenges, you can earn currency called Moonlit Cragstone. Here is a list of what you can win:
|Reward||Moonlit Rock Stone Cost||Purchase limit|
|Glowing Gem – Fading Twilight Refinement Material||800||2|
|Liyue Weapon Ascension Materials (Rare/Blue)||15||12|
|Liyue Weapon Ascension Materials (Epic/Purple)||45||4|
|Liyue Talent Upgrade Materials (Rare/Blue)||20||9|
|Liyue Talent Upgrade Materials (Rare/Blue)||60||3|
|The spirit of the hero||ten||60|
|Mystical Enhancement Ore||5||60|
Yelan guide: The best artifacts, weapons and talents
Yelan is a Hydro bow user, so attacking enemies and staying away from them is her game. Her regular shots are ranged, while her charged shots deal Hydro damage. Here are his skills:
Normal Passive: Breakthrough – If he is not in combat for five seconds, Yelan’s next charged shot has a charge time reduced by 80%. You can then fire it to create a Breakthrough Barb that deals AoE Hydro damage based on Yelan’s max HP.
Elemental Skill: Persistent Lifeline – Moves through enemies and marks them. After this action, tagged opponents are hit with a Lifeline blast for Hydro damage based on Yelan’s max HP.
- Breakthrough – Enemies hit by Lifeline’s explosion grant a 34% chance to reset Yelan’s Breakthrough state.
Elemental Burst: Depth – Clarion Dice – Inflicts AoE Hydro damage then generates an exquisite throw.
- Exquisite Throw – Tracks your character and will deal Hydro damage based on Yelan’s max HP. The damage instance can occur whenever your active character uses a normal attack and when Yelan’s lifeline hits enemies.
- Calculation needed – +25% extra rewards when doing a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours.
- Turn Control – Yelan’s max HP is increased by 6%/12%/18%/30% if party has 1/2/3/4 elemental types.
- Adapt with Ease – While Exquisite Throw is active, your character will deal +1% damage up to 3.5% damage per second. Max damage increase is 50%, only reset if Yelan’s Elemental Burst is completed or recast.
- C1: Enter Tracers – Elemental skill gains +1 charge.
- C2: Take All Comers – When Exquisite Throw performs a coordinated attack, it fires an additional projectile that deals 14% of Yelan’s max health as Hydro damage.
- C3: Beware of Tricksters Dice – +3 levels for your elemental explosion; the maximum level is 15.
- C4: Bait and Switch – HP of all party members is increased by 10% for 25 seconds for each Lifeline marked enemy when it explodes; 40% maximum HP increase.
- C5: Dealer’s Sleight – +3 levels for your elemental skill; the maximum level is 15.
- C6: Winner Takes All – After using her shard, Yelan enters the Mastermind state where all of her normal attacks will be similar to her charged attacks (i.e., Breakthrough Barbs). These deal 156% of the normal damage of a Breakthrough Barb. The Mastermind state lasts for 20 seconds or until Yelan fires five arrows.
Best weapons for Yelan
Aqua Simulacra – Great crit damage, but hard to gacha as it’s a 5 star arc.
Polar Star – Excellent critical rate and decent stats for a 5 star bow.
Elegy for the End – Ideal for recharging energy. 5 star bow.
Fading Twilight, Favonius Warbow – Free choice bows, and comes with decent stats and energy recharge ability.
Best Artifacts for Yelan
Emblem of Severed Fate (4 pieces): This combo still gives Yelan burst options and also buffs his burst damage.
- Bonus 2 pieces – +20% energy recharge.
- 4 Piece Bonus – Increases elemental burst damage by 25% of energy recharge; up to 75%.
Noblesse Oblige (4 pieces): This combo gives Yelan good elemental burst damage and a group ATK buff.
- 2 Piece Bonus – +20% Elemental Burst Damage.
- 4 Piece Bonus – Party members gain +20% ATK for 12 seconds after using an Elemental Burst.
Yelan Ascension Materials and Where to Find Them
These are the materials you need to mount Yelan.
- Fatui Insignia – Dropped by Fatui Skirmishers/Agents/Mages.
- Varunada Lazurite – Dropped by Oceanid and Hydro Hypostasis. Bought at the souvenir shop. Higher level versions can be crafted by an Alchemist NPC.
- Runic Fang – Dropped by the Ruins Serpent in the Chasm.
- Starconch – These are found along the beaches of Yaoguang Shoal and Guyun Stone Forest.