There are times when you would like to revisit a recipe or humorous video you watched on Instagram Reels. However, Instagram doesn’t officially have a feature to effortlessly track all the reels you’ve watched on the platform. Having said that, there are two effective ways to find the instagram reels you watched. So read on to learn how to check your Instagram Reels watch history.
Check Your Instagram Reels Watch History (2022)
See Instagram Reels You’ve Liked (Android, iOS)
One way to keep track of your Instagram Reels watch history is to use your favorite reels. You can check out posts you liked to revisit a reel later. Here’s how:
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile section. Now tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner and choose “Settings”.
2. From the Settings page, tap the search box, search for “Manage Likes” and tap the result. Instagram has moved the Likes section from Account -> Posts you liked to “Manage likes”.
3. You will now see all posts that you have recently liked. You can then locate the Reels you liked here to keep track of your Reels watch history.
4. Instagram also lets you sort and filter your favorite posts. To start, tap on the “Sort and Filter” option in the upper right corner.
5. You can now sort your liked messages from newest to oldest and from oldest to newest. You also have the option to specify start and end dates to show liked posts from a specific time period. This should come in handy when looking for Instagram Reels that you liked in a particular month.
Check Saved Instagram Reels to Track Watch History
You can also choose to save reels that you find interesting. Although it takes another step than directly liking a post, it does help you organize the reels you want to watch later. Here’s how to save Instagram Reels to create a watch history:
1. To save an Instagram reel, tap the three-dot vertical menu and choose “Save”. You will now find the reel in your recorded messages section.
2. To access your saved reels, go to your profile section, tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner, and select “Saved”.
3. You will now see all the posts you have saved on the platform. Press on “All Posts” to view all your saved messages. You can then switch to the Reels tab to view all the reels you have recorded so far.
4. You can also create a collection of your favorite reels. To do this, tap the “+” icon, choose the videos and name the collection. You will see your new collection on the home page in the “Registered” section. You can use it to organize reels that match the same theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I download Instagram activity to check the history of videos watched by Reels?
No, you will not find your watch history when you request your Instagram information. Instead, what you’ll see in the reels.html file you download from Instagram is the history of Reels you’ve uploaded to the platform.
Q: Can you see the Reels you’ve watched on Instagram?
Instagram does not natively have a watch history option for Reels. However, you can check your favorite reels and saved reels as workarounds to check your reel watch history.
Q: How do I review Instagram Reels?
You can like an Instagram Reel and find it under the “Manage Likes” tab to review it later.
Check your Instagram Reels watch history
So, these are two ways to check your Instagram Reels watch history on Android and iOS. Although it’s not easy, liking or saving reels are cool workarounds for rewatching a short video you liked in the future. In the meantime, if you’re a budding creator, be sure to check out our list of the best Instagram Reels tips and tricks to use the feature to its fullest.